Amp up your sex drive with these libido-boosting foods

If you’re looking to set the mood with your partner, the best way to go may actually be through their gut. As it turns out, a variety of foods have libido-boosting properties that could help improve performance in the bedroom.

 

Add these ingredients to your next romantic meal to really get things going!

 

  1. Broccoli

 

With its high vitamin C content, broccoli aids in blood circulation to the organs. What’s more, it has also been shown to improve the female libido. Consider pairing these delicious florets with your next date night dinner to ramp things up.

 

  1. Figs

 

These aromatic fruits have long been associated with stimulating fertility and enhancing the secretion of pheromones. Moreover, their flavour and appearance alone have been said to give them an aphrodisiac quality, making them a great addition to any date night dessert plate.

 

  1. Watermelon

 

While watermelon’s makeup is 92 per cent water, the remaining 8 per cent of this fruit is chock-full of vital nutrients for sexual health. Researchers out of Texas have found watermelon to contain a phytonutrient called citrulline. The body converts this nutrient into an amino acid called arginine, which helps to relax the blood vessels in a Viagra-like manner. Because of this, it’s a great pre-bedroom treat!

 

  1. Ginger

 

Ginger has been used for centuries in medicine, especially as a libido booster. This warming herb helps to increase blood flow, especially to the sexual organs. So, brew up a ginger tea or cook an aromatic dish before the next time you get it on!

 

  1. Cloves

 

In India, cloves have been a long-time favourite for the treatment of male sexual dysfunction. This has also been confirmed by science, with the BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine journal finding cloves to increase sexual activity in normal male rats. Cloves also help to kill bad breath, giving you a leg up in the kissing department!