Avocado, Lobster, Dungeness Crab and Whitefish Caviar Sandwich
- 2 500 g (1-lb) lobsters
- 2 L (8 cups) court bouillon
- 1 750 g (1/2-lb) Dungeness crab
- Avocado oil mayonnaise
- 10 ml (2 tsp) finely chopped chives
- 5 ml (1 tsp) finely chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 savoury buns
- 1 avocado
- 20 ml (4 tsp) whitefish caviar
- Arugula leaves to garnish
- Boil the lobsters in court bouillon (go to vivamagonline.com for this recipe) for about 5 minutes; remove lobsters and cool in a bowl of ice. Pick the meat from the shell and set aside. Simmer the crab in the court bouillon for 7 minutes (depending on the size—aim for 5 minutes per pound); remove and cool in a bowl of ice. Take the meat from the shell and mix with 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the avocado oil mayonnaise (go to vivamagonline.com for this recipe), the chives, the green onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the buns in half lengthwise and spread the remaining avocado mayonnaise on both sides. Peel, quarter and slice the avocado. Spread a generous amount of the crab mixture on one side of each bun and top with a quarter of the avocado per sandwich. Place a quarter of the lobster meat on each sandwich and sprinkle with 5 ml (1 tbsp) whitefish caviar. Scatter with arugula leaves, close and serve.