Baked Salmon with Apple & Dill Pesto
“This baked salmon recipe is sophisticated and soooo easy,” says Wards.
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Dill & Pumpkin Seed Pesto (see recipe above)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Thinly slice apples and place slices on top of salmon fillet. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a hot pan. Place salmon fillets (with apple) in pan and sear one side for a minute.
4. Make sure pan has an oven-safe handle and transfer to oven and cook for eight to 10 minutes (depending on how rare you like your salmon).
5. Remove salmon from oven and let rest for a couple of minutes.
6. Plate salmon and top with the dill and pumpkin seed pesto that you made for the pasta.