BRANZINO – Green Olive Salsa Chick Peas &Rapini
- 4 Branzino (Mediterranean Sea Bass) filleted
- 1½ cup chick peas cooked
- 2 tbsp onions finely minced
- 1 red chilli pepper chopped
- 1 bunch rapini
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- ¾ cup Green Schiacciate olives, pit removed and chopped
- ¾ cup oven dried cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves
- 3 oz tomato juice
- Extra virgin olive oil to use throughout recipe
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tbspchick peas puréed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the rapini in boiling salted water until tender to your liking, drain the water and immediately sauté in olive oil and garlic.
- Place the olives, sundried tomatoes, parsley and some tender celery leaves in a bowl and dress with tomato juice, salt, pepper and olive oil, add a few drops of lemon juice and mix well. Set aside.
- Season the chick pea purée with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil and set aside.
- Sauté the onions in a little oil and once golden, add the chick peas and chilli pepper. Sauté for one minute, adding water to complete the reheating process if necessary and set aside.
- Season the fish fillet with salt and pepper and sear skin-side down in a preheated skillet lightly oiled. Once the skin is crisp, turn on the other side and cook for less than a minute, remove from heat and prepare the plates.
- Spread some chick pea purée in the center of the plate, top with a spoonful of sautéed chick peas, top with a few spears of rapini and place two fillets of fish on top. Place a spoonful of the olive salsa on top and drizzle some of the salsa dressing all over the plate. Serve at once.