Serves 4 | Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes
5 egg yolks
1 cup (250ml) brown sugar
8 oz (225g) semi-sweet baking chocolate
½ cup (125ml) whipping cream
½ lb (250g) butter, softened
3 egg whites
⅓ cup (75ml) chopped hazelnuts
- Beat the egg yolks and until well mixed. Place over a hot bain marie (or double boiler). Continue beating until hot to the touch and the sugar is dissolved.
- Melt the chocolate and ¼ cream over the bain marie. Remove from heat and whip in the soft butter. Pour the chocolate into the yolks mixture.
- Lightly whip ¼ cup cream and fold into the mousse mixture.
- Lightly whip the egg whites and fold into the mousse.
- Add roasted, chopped hazelnuts just before serving. If you wish, you may pour a little additional unsweetened cream over the mousse before serving.