Looking for a healthy lunchbox treat? Try this great alternative to packaged snacks.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup raisins
- 1. Put the oats, coconut oil, maple syrup, dates, vanilla, cinnamon and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to just combine. Add the raisins and gently pulse a few times to combine, being careful not to over process.
- Transfer the dough into a medium bowl.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it between your palms to form a golf-ball-size treat. Place the rolled ball on a clean tray and continue rolling the remaining dough into balls. Cookie dough balls will keep sealed in a tin on the countertop for three days.
Makes 15 balls
Recipes are from Little Bites by Christine Chitnis and Sarah Waldman, © 2015 by Christine Chitnis and Sarah Waldman. Reprinted by arrangement with Roost Books, an imprint of Shambhala Publications, Inc. Boston, MA.