Serves 2-4 | Prep Time: 15 minutes, 15 minutes
2 cups (500ml) white lentils, soaked and dried
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups (750ml) water
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup (250ml) heavy whipping cream
4 sheets Japanese nori seaweed
2-4 bay scallops as desired, cooked
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, combine lentils, onion, garlic and water. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.
- In batches, pour soup into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan over low heat, and add the salt and pepper as required.
- Over low heat, gradually add cream, stirring to blend. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, and add additional seasonings as required.
- In a coffee grinder, place two sheets of seaweed and grind into a fine powder.
- Place scallop in a shallow bowl and dust with nori powder. Pour soup into bowl and garnish as desired.