Serves 4 to 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes
4 eggs, separated
6 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cardamom
2 tbsp nutmeg
1 cinnamon stick
½ cup hazelnut praline grains
or flakes, garnish (optional)
whipped cream, garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks for approximately 10 minutes with a mixer. Set aside.
2. In a pot, combine milk, cinnamon stick, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, sugar and egg yolks.
3. On a medium setting, heat mixture in pot and stir until a consistency like that of buttermilk is reached.
4. Simmer and reduce mixture until it is able to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
5. Chill and pour into glasses.
6. Add whipped cream and praline grains or flakes as garnish and serve.