Coffee Crusted Scallops with Parsnips and Provencale Sauce
For Coffee Crusted Scallops :
- 12 , U-10 scallops
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) Van Houtte espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) ground pepper
- 1 cup (240 ml) parsnip purée
- 12 cubes bacon
- 12 orange segments
- ¼ cup (40 g) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup (40 g) sliced Sicilian green olives
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
How to :
- Mix coffee with ground pepper, and crust the scallops.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together orange segments, tomatoes, olives and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a pan, over high heat, sear scallops and bacon for a minute, then put them into a 350°F (175°C) oven for 3 minutes.
- To assemble, put parsnip purée on the plate first, followed by scallops and bacon, then drizzle with the chunky provencale sauce.