Roasted Wild Salmon, Chickpea Croquette and Vierge Sauce
FOR THE CHICK PEA CROQUETTE
- 1 cup (150 g) chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup (25 g) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (4.5 g) cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (60 g) panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients, except egg and panko, in a mixer on medium speed.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and lightly beat with a whisk.
- Using your hands, form the croquette mixture into small patties, about 2 inches in size (5 cm). Dip each patty into the egg mixture, and then bread with the panko.
FOR THE SALMON AND VIERGE SAUCE
- 4 medium-sized wild salmon steaks
- 8 red cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 black olives, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Xeres vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- Sear the salmon in a pan on high heat; flip the steaks after about two minutes.
- Combine the cherry and yellow tomatoes, shallots, black olives, chives, parsley, olive oil and vinegar in a separate bowl and put aside.
- Fry the croquettes at a temperature of 350°F (176°C) for about two and a half minutes.
- Plate about two or three croquettes with each salmon steak and top with the Vierge sauce.